Fire Permit Application
Welcome to the WRFA online fire permit application page. Learn more about Fire Permit Requirements.
Important Note. This application process does not constitute approval to light a fire in a restricted fire season. Your local Rural Fire Officer (RFO) will decide if this application has enough detail in order to make a decision about granting a permit, granting a permit with additional conditions or declining the fire permit application. You need to read and understand the Notes for Permittees and the standard conditions listed plus any others noted by your RFO.
What Insurance protection do I need to cover any potential fire related costs, losses and liabilities?
You need to consider:
- Insurance of property for loss and replacement from fire.
- For your house, household effects, other buildings, vehicles, plant and machinery, forests and crops.
- Public Liability Insurance.
- To cover the cost of damage and loss to a third party from anything (including fire) that escapes from your property and damages other parties property.
- Forest & Rural Fires Act fire suppression Insurance.
To cover the costs of fire suppression from a fire caused by you or started on your property. Cover is required under Section 43, 46 and 46A of the Forest & Rural Fires Act 1977.
- Check your Insurance Policy today!
- Remember to talk to your insurer to confirm cover and appropriate limits.